March 11, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As you are likely aware, national and state preparation involving COVID-19 (commonly known as Coronavirus) continues to be at the forefront of the public health discussion. With the health and well-being of our students and staff being the highest priority of Washington Court House City Schools, we want to share what we are doing to ensure the Blue Lions have a safe and healthy learning environment, as well as reinforce illness prevention measures.
WCHCS is working closely with Fayette County Public Health as we continuously monitor the situation through guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Our custodial, maintenance, and transportation staff are continuing to thoroughly clean and disinfect our facilities each and every day.
Additionally, a team of experienced staff members from across the district are working together to prepare WCHCS for remote learning in the case that our buildings may be closed for an extended period of time. Note, this letter is NOT an indication that WCHCS will close for any period, however we are being proactive in our preparations in order to ensure learning is able to continue in our community in any emergency situation.
Similar to the flu, the CDC and ODH recommend the following tips for your family at home:
• Keep your child home if they are sick.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow – not your hand – or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
We thank you for your dedication to keeping the Blue Lion Family healthy, safe, and learning!